Ever since the imposition of restrictions on gatherings and travel, in January 2020, our Beatitudes community has not been able to safely celebrate Catholic Mass live and in person in Santa Barbara, as has been our custom.
Email our Pastor, Jeannette Love, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to request an invitation to our Zoom liturgies.
We invite you to join us in a form of worship that embraces the diversity and gifts of all God’s people. Our spirituality is inclusive, expressed in our membership, in the wording of our liturgies, and in our collaborative leadership.
A Roman Catholic Womanpriest (RCWP) presides at our weekly liturgy, whether in person or via Zoom, every Saturday at 4:30 PM.
When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, we will again gather in the sanctuary of the First Congregational Church (click for directions), at 2101 State St. in Santa Barbara.
The Beatitudes encourage each of us to be the hands and heart of Jesus the Christ. In keeping with the long prophetic tradition of Christianity, we seek to become a Church of compassion and joyful equality. Please join us in prayer, in service, and in celebration of our shared brotherhood and sisterhood in Christ!
The Beatitudes, from the Gospel of St. Matthew (5:3-10)
- Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land.
- Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted.
- Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.
- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
- Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
- Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.