Welcome! We celebrate Catholic Mass each Saturday at 4:30 pm.
Come join us! See directions below.
Check out our newsletter for the latest news.
|SCHEDULE CHANGE! Weekly Mass on Saturday, Oct. 22, will not occur at our customary venue, First Congregational Church, at 4:30 pm. We will gather instead with family and friends at the Chapel at Samarkand (2550 Treasure Dr.) at 1:30 pm on the 22nd, where a memorial Mass will be held to celebrate the life of our beloved parishioner, Macuen Freeman (+ August 16, 2016). Regular Beatitudes Community Masses will resume on Saturday, Oct. 29, at 4:30 pm.|
We invite you to join us in a form of worship that embraces the diversity and gifts of all God’s people. Our spirituality is inclusive, expressed in our membership, in the wording of our liturgies, and in our collaborative leadership.
A Roman Catholic Womanpriest (RCWP) presides at our weekly liturgy, every Saturday at 4:30 PM in the sanctuary of the First Congregational Church (click for directions), at 2101 State St. in Santa Barbara.
The Beatitudes encourage each of us to be the hands and heart of Jesus the Christ. In keeping with the long prophetic tradition of Christianity, we seek to become a Church of compassion and joyful equality. Please join us in prayer, in service, and in celebration of our shared brotherhood and sisterhood in Christ!
The Beatitudes, from the Gospel of St. Matthew (5:3-10)
- Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land.
- Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted.
- Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.
- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
- Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
- Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.